Thursday, August 21, 2014

DIY Chromebook transport system

For the past three years, I have taught K-5 Technology in an iMac Lab. We are going to Chromebooks and 1:1 iPads this year. I will be teaching three classes each day in the lab and taking the Chromebooks to classrooms to integrate technology into all subject areas.

While our district is supplying devices, accessories such as carts are not provided for our set of Chromebooks, so I decided to design a system myself. While most classrooms are accessible by elevator, two are not, so I had to think of how to carry 30 computers of a flight of stairs!

Here is my system:


For $90, I bought the wheeled luggage which houses the dish racks almost perfectly. I didn't think about buying anything to transport power cords, since I don't think we will need to plug in during classroom use, but the luggage came as a set, so...


We still are figuring out, as a district how to store and charge all the iPads. Anyone willing to share your own DIY genius?

No comments:

Post a Comment