Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Using digital drawing tools

I value drawing. It is an activity that many children feel they can not do. I can encourage students to draw and create using digital tools.

When introducing any new application, I give students time to explore the tools. As they become familiar with the features, I increase my expectations. I  also try to connect the drawing experiences to literacy and other subjects.




Kindergarten students use Tux Paint and ABCYa Painting to create shapes with many tools. They are able to label their work.







First graders can create simple maps. They can create pictures and write text to describe them.








Second grade students use their drawing work to show their understanding of concepts or topics.









Third graders can combine images and text to record information from their research.






Many students are able to illustrate concepts
with more detail and experiment with various
art techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment