Thursday, August 23, 2012

Planning with Evernote

Evernote is a free web-based tool that allows users to save, organize and then find almost anything. I am using it in these weeks before school starts to write and organize my lesson plans. I am able to create notebooks which store all my notes. I can tag my notes to help me find specific subjects later.








Some features that really impress me are the abilities to tag my notes and perform text searches of them.  This will enable me to find a resource even when I have forgotten which folder or note it is in.

Evernote syncs my notes to all my devices.  I used to think it was great to only have to carry my laptop home.  Now, I wouldn't even have to do that in many cases, as I can access Evernote anywhere.

Another great feature is the ability to clip websites, photographs, audio files, etc. The Evernote Web Clipper is installed on my computer and iPad.  When I come across a resource I want to keep, I click on the icon in my toolbar. A box appears which lets me choose which folder I want to put it in, along with tags and notes. The image and url are saved as a note.




There are ways to configure notes as you prefer to see them. I love the fact that I can put everything in one place.

I know I have a lot more to learn about this tool, but it was easy to begin using its awesome functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment